Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 June 2019

Deterred from an Enlightened Environment




Written by Mathew Naismith  

In a dream last night I was walking along in a pleasant environment, when a difference within this environment caught my eye upon a small hill.

Upon this hill was an environment likened to an environment of enlightenment, an environment that was tranquil and untainted by the ego in control. My ego of course saw this environment as being very beautiful.

As I approached this environment, a man within this environment put his hand up to stop me entering this environment. I immediately understood that this environment of enlightenment was not of my human journey at present. My ego, thankfully, gracefully accepted this and that was the end of the dream.

We might think that once we see an enlightened environment, this is what we are to become. Not everything you see and experience, you are supposed to become. We all exist within a dog eat dog reality, where if you allow other people to deter you from your desired goals, your desires won't be met. This is also called a crab mentality, where people walk over other people to acquire a desired outcome. Yes, a lot of people become this reality we exist in at present, but a lot of people don't. Just because we see and even experience an environment/reality, we don't necessarily have to become of that environment/reality.

Could you imagine being of a dog eat dog mentality or a crab mentality and experiencing an enlightened moment, even in a dream? I have simply not become of what the reality I am experiencing at present, as my ego was not disappointed at not being able to enter into an enlightened environment.

The ego often thinks that being enlightened is a better more positive option than being otherwise. Is it not said that all changes must come from within? So if I am no longer within a dog eat dog environment, that I specifically abstain from becoming, how am I to influence change upon such an environment when I am no longer of that environment? Individually, we know that all changes must come from within our own environment personally, so why do we do otherwise in relation to the collective environment? 

Make no mistake, no matter what kind of environment you are within or experiencing, just being aware of an enlightened state is influential upon a collective consciousness without doing anything else. Of course being expressive of this state physically or through motion can be more influential but not necessarily. If the influence is based on a personal desired outcome, the outcome of the influence will not be in line with enlightenment, in all honesty, most likely quite the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment